Head of e-Commerce & Digital Transformation, B2C Retail, South East, to £80k + benefits
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an iconic British heritage brand. Steeped in history, this world-class business has a brand portfolio that produces some of the finest, most instantly recognisable and traditional sporting goods in the world.
Chosen by some of the biggest names and teams in sport, the company is justifiably proud of it’s long heritage, and has been helping cricket, rugby and racket sport stars make history for over 160 years.
In order to meet evolving business needs and customer expectations, the company is looking to appoint a highly talented and commercially astute Head of e-Commerce, to help lead the business through a hugely exciting period of digital transformation and change.
Opportunities to drive real change, with this scale of brand ubiquity, are few and far between, and for the right candidate this will be a career-defining move.
- Evangelise best practise & foster a ‘digital-first’ approach to business
- Define & implement the e-Commerce strategy, KPI’s & success measures
- Define & deliver the online systems application architecture requirements
- Ensure website availability, functionality & usability is world class
- Ensure e-Commerce alignment across Sales, Marketing & Digital
- Manage customer acquisition via bought, earned & owned channels
- Oversee the day-to-day trading of the online business
- Lead improvements to user experience & onsite conversion
- Sponsor & manage key business transformation projects & initiatives
- Ensure regular reporting & insight to stakeholders & senior leadership
- Able to focus on client requirements & build lasting commercial.
You will be a passionate evangelist of how digital and e-commerce can fundamentally change the way a business takes its product to market, and with demonstrable experience leading large scale digital transformation projects you’ll be sensitive to the challenges that digital change can bring.
You will want to inspire others, and you’ll want to take them on the journey with you.
It goes without saying that you will have a deep knowledge of existing and emerging digital acquisition channels including Paid Search, SEO, social media and market places – and you’ll be able to help others understand what best practice looks like, and with 10 years + experience of defining and implementing e-Commerce strategies, you’ll have a strong track record of maximising sales and profitability, and an excellent working knowledge of all aspects of e-Commerce from online merchandising, to payment processing and PCI compliance.
Highly analytical, you’ll have hands on experience using a wide range of industry standard tools and variety of data to identify, test and exploit site conversion opportunities, at every stage of the site conversion funnel.
Beyond digital customer acquisition and day-to-day online trading, you’ll be fully responsible for capturing, and defining the online systems application architecture requirements (i.e. CRM & CMS) that will put the foundations for growth in place, and you’ll make the relevant business cases and solution recommendations to leadership. You will also ensure that technical channel abilities meet customers needs and retail partner’s expectations.
- Ambition to work for a world class, market leading heritage brand
- Abreast of industry trends, technology and what’s coming next
- 10 years + demonstrable exp. defining & leading e-Commerce strategy
- Demonstrable experience leading digital transformation projects
- Strong commercial acumen, with a strong focus on sales & profitability
- Highly analytical, with excellent knowledge of sales funnel optimisation
- Ability to work to deadlines & changing priorities
- Strong digital project management
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Excellent relationship builder & stakeholder management skills
- Strong team management, mentoring & leadership skills
- Excellent, up-to-date knowledge of digital marketing & e-Commerce
- A deep understanding of UX & customer journey best practice
What to Expect
- A highly competitive base salary to £80k + benefits
- An opportunity to lead the digital transformation of a leading heritage brand
- Employee benefits including company pension & healthcare
- 20 days holiday
For further information on this, or other roles, please call us on 0207 127 5238 or email us on email@example.com