Who we are
We’ve been busy working in digital for almost 20 years, managing digital strategy and capability for leading brands across recruitment, financial services, ad tech, retail and travel. In that time we’ve seen digital channels emerge and develop into mainstream routes to market, and we have first-hand experience of developing capability for start-ups and SMEs, as well as leading digital business transformation for major blue chips.
Having been on both sides of the hiring fence, as hiring managers and candidates, we’ve sometimes been left slightly under-whelmed by a lack of knowledge when it comes to recruitment in the digital industry. From mis-sold roles, to candidates that don’t meet the brief, this lack of knowledge can result in a poor experience for candidates and hiring companies alike.
It’s our belief that things should be better. So, in 2015 we launched Digital People, a specialist digital recruitment agency that’s passionate about creating a perfect match for both parties – saving time, money and effort. Our commercial experience gives us a unique perspective of the digital industry. We’ve worked in most of the roles that we now help recruit for, so we understand what ‘good’ looks like for all parties.
Matching candidates, who place their careers in our hands when they trust us to represent them – with the perfect role, is at the heart of what we do. Equally for our clients, where we’re helping secure talent that can ultimately determine the success or failure of their business, it’s vital we help create the perfect match, first time.
What we do
- Mid-to-senior level digital marketing & e-Commerce hires
- Digital transformation & leadership appointments
- Interim digital specialists – at short notice for business critical assignments
- Consultancy & team build from the ground-up
Why use Digital People?
Digital People Founder, Ed Schofield, is an award-winning digital specialist who over the past two decades has built an extensive career in digital management and strategy for leading brands including Lloyds TSB, HBOS, Yell, John Lewis, Electrocomponents and Expedia. With wide-ranging experience of the digital sector; from marketing and creative to development and E-Commerce, as a recruiter Ed helps clients to source the best talent in the industry.
- We leverage 20 years’ client-side experience to get understand clients requirements
- We’ve worked in most of the roles we now recruit for, so understand what we’re looking for!
- We understand what ‘good’ and ‘bad’ looks like from a hiring manager’s and a candidate’s perspective
- We’re driven by creating the perfect culture and skills match for both parties, not by sales targets!
- We believe candidates are people, not a ‘product’
- We’re driven by a desire to be the best digital recruitment agency in the market, not the biggest!